All of BarTender's most powerful label design features, plus the standard integration features for automated control from within other software, such as ActiveX Automation, enterprise messaging and Seagull's Commander utility for cross-platform integration. All the data sourcing of BarTender Professional, plus support for SAP IDocs. Automation supports RFID tags and labels, all card printing functions but only encodes magnetic stripes. Includes all of the Companion Applications except for Librarian, but not all of the features. Logging to local databases only. The Automation edition does not include the Librarian or Security Center companions.
Omits - Does not offer the enhanced server functions, advanced integration (such as XML and SAP AII), and web printing capabilities of Enterprise Automation (see above). No smart card encoding. No Librarian. Excludes some Companion Application features. No logging to centralized databases. No inventory control of printer supplies.
- Commander - middleware utility allows you to control BarTender from within other programs without having to write code. Instead, Commander automatically wakes up BarTender to print labels in response to any of a variety of "triggers." (Partially Supported)
- BarTender Security Center - provides security features for other applications in the suite, such as user permissions and format encryption. (Partially Supported)
- Printer Maestro - consolidates multiple print management functions within Windows into a large single, highly configurable view. Simplifies the management of multiple print jobs, printers and printer supply inventory on large networks. (Partially Supported)
- History Explorer - lets you view logged information about past label jobs, including images of the labels of the labels and print job messages. An essential tool for audit preparation. (Supports local databases only)
- Reprint Console- allows you to quickly navigate logs of previous label jobs and reprint all or just some of the labels. Works even if the database from which the original label data was read has changed. (Supports local databases only)
- Print Station - gives non-technical users easy "point and click" selection and printing of labels without ever having to see inside of a label design program.
- Batch Maker - makes it easy to specifiy a list of multiple label formats to print as a single "batch". Batches can be printed from within Batch Maker itself, as well as from BarTender, Print Station and Windows Explorer.
Licensing is based on the maximum number of printers to be used by BarTender on the network. Unlimited users.
Note: BarTender is not compatible with Mac, Windows 95 or Windows NT. If you use the above operating systems, please inform us so we can request the correct version from our suppliers.